As a member of the WikiRate community, you play an important role in improving existing data.
If you detect that you or another user made a mistake adding the year of the document you are researching, you can easily correct that!
To edit a Year, first, click on the Edit icon (pencil) next to the Year value (upper left side of the page).
Then manually set the correct year and hit Submit. It is done!
Watch a screen recording showing how to edit the value "Year".
If during your research, you are not sure if you filled in the right answer, you can put up a red flag, by requesting an answer to be checked as we explain in next secction.
Flagging dubious data
To flag an Answer, check the Request Check box that you’ll find under the answer field.
Do not forget to share in the comments why you are not sure about your answer and indicate the page where you found the answer.
Checking the accuracy of the answer values is very important. WikiRate gives a verification check mark to a datapoint , when the Answer found by one researcher is confirmed by a second researcher. Each time you check an Answer on WikiRate, you bring the quality of WikiRate data to another level!
Checking & updating Metric Answers
A datapoint can be checked by one or more researchers, the more checks a datapoint shows, the more certain we are about its quality.
Follow these steps for checking the data inputted by a fellow researcher:
- Select a Metric value - this could be via a Project page, a Company profile page, or a Metric page.
- Review value details. Go to the Answer tab. Here you can view the document used as a source and read the comments made by researchers ( e.g. details on where the value was found within the report (page, section), and any calculations or conversions made to determine the Metric value).
- View the Methodology. Depending on your familiarity with the Metric question, it is a good idea to refer to the Metric's Methodology to ensure you fully understand what is being asked. You will find the Methodology in the Question Tab.
- Look for the Answer to the Metric question on the Source.
- Verify or update a Metric value. Once you have located the accurate Metric value in the source, go to the Answer tab and either:
- Click the "Yes, I checked" button to show that you found the same data in the cited report.
- Click the "Edit" button - to change incorrect Metric values and include details in the comments
If you have doubts about a value's accuracy or its source please leave a comment.
Watch a screen recording showing how to check an Answer:
Without a company logo, companies can be hard to identify quickly. Adding missing company logos can help make WikiRate data more engaging, memorable, and navigable for all users. Learn how to do this, and give it a try here
Add Wikipedia Information to Company Pages
Integrating Wikipedia with WikiRate helps users learn more about the company that they are investigating (company's background, official name, headquarters location, website address, among other information). Learn how to do this and give it a try here