This metric is asking whether the company’s statement identifies any changes to their policies and due diligence which came about as a direct result of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015. Some companies specifically say in their statement that their behaviour has changed as a result of the Act.
Examples of this type of change include:
- Updating the company’s code of conduct and/or supplier code
- Developing a new modern slavery policy
- Changing their risk assessment strategy
- Updating their supplier contracts
- Developing (or adapting) their training programme
- Developing new key performance indicators
In each case, for the answer value to be ‘yes’ the company must say that a change has occurred as a direct result of the UK Modern Slavery Act 2015.
If the company identifies one or more changes which have occurred as a direct result of the Act, enter the answer value ‘Yes’.
Where there is no information given about whether the Act has shaped the company’s policy, please enter a ‘No’ value.
For each value, please include a comment that copies relevant information from the statement.
* Note on choosing the Year of your answer
Read the MSA Statement carefully to find out what year it covers. When a statement is referring to a Financial Year (FY) ending in Q1, it should be labeled with the previous year.
Statement for FY2018/19 ending in March 2019 = 2018
Statement for FY2018/19 ending in April 2019 (or later) = 2019