WikiRate is an open research platform that brings corporate ESG data together in one place, making it accessible, comparable and free for all. With the adoption of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) in 2015 and inclusion of the private sector as a key contributor, it is important to track corporate contributions towards the 2030 target. To this end, WikiRate collective research projects create more information in the public domain on how companies impact achievement of these goals. To date, more than 2,000 students at 14 universities around the world have participated in these collaborative projects.
In your research group, you will collect and analyse sustainability data on some of the largest companies in the apparel industry.
Keep in mind questions of transparency and materiality as you do your assessment.
- Create a WikiRate profile. Click the “join” button on wikirate.org. Create a username [name/student number/etc], add your email address and password, then click submit.
- When you are signed into WikiRate, join your Research Group: by clicking on the link to your class (see the organizer list on this page), and clicking on "Join Group."
- Once you have signed up, you can start researching. Find the company you have been assigned to research and hit the Research button.
- You will see a list of metrics in the dropdown menu. Choose a metric to research and click the Metric details tab to read the methodology.
- Start by looking for a source for this information. Your source may already be on the WikiRate platform.
- Choose the relevant year for the metric value in the dropdown menu and add the value to the answer box. Make sure you convert the value into the correct unit of measurement. If you cannot find the relevant value click Unknown.
- To cite your selected source, click Cite on the right-hand side of the window.
- Add a comment to your answer detailing the page number of the source where you found your metric value (if applicable). You can also include relevant excerpts from the report. If you converted the metric value, explain how you did so including equations.
- It's time to submit your answer! Click the Submit button and check everything is correct.
- Now hit Next to move onto your next metric.
Import Template: csv