The Access to Nutrition Index (ATNI) is founded on the premise that Food & Beverage manufacturers can make a strong contribution to addressing poor nutrition and related diseases. The ATNI assesses and ranks the world’s largest manufacturers based on their nutrition-related commitments, practices and performance globally.
This metric considers product pricing and distribution.
To perform well in this Category, companies should:
- State a clear commitment and have a formal policy and targets on both affordability and availability of healthy and fortified products.
- Demonstrate a clear focus on low-income populations and show evidence of conducting market research to inform their strategies.
- Apply their approach to affordability and availability across all the markets they operate in - both developed and developing.
- Provide evidence of how they are delivering on their commitments.
- Publicly disclose their commitments and policies and report evidence of implementing their commitments.