With a reusable crate packaging system, breakage and damage during the transport of fruit and vegetables is significantly reduced.
According to a study by the Fraunhofer Institute for Material Flow and Logistics (IML), the breakage rate for single-use cartons along the entire supply chain was 4.2%, while that for reusable crates was only 0.1%.
Added to this is the environmental benefit of reusing the same carton in the transport of goods.
We will assign a ""YES"" to this question if :
- The company declares to reuse or recover at least 90% of the packaging material in logistic processes of transporting goods.
We will assign a "NO" if :
- The company declares to reuse or recycle its logistic packaging or to apply more sustainable measures, but does not specify in which % or if it does it for all transport packaging.
Such statements can include
We replace single-use cardboard boxes with reusable boxes.
-We give a second life to packaging used for the transport of goods".
- We implement logistics packaging recovery systems".)
This information can be found in any of the following reports published on the companies' websites:
- Annual Report
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Sustainability Report
- Environmental Report
- Carbon Footprint Report
- Statement of Non-Financial Information (NFI)