With this metric we aim to check that the company includes food waste within its annual waste inventory by publishing the total weight of its organic waste from meat, fish, fruit and vegetables, bread, dairy, etc
We will assign a ""YES"" to this question if :
- The company declares the total weight of organic waste and each of its main sources (meat, fish, fruit and vegetables, bread, dairy, etc). We ask for a breakdown of at least 3 categories.
Not to be confused with the total % of recovered organic waste (evaluated in another question).
We will assign a "NO" if :
- The company only publishes the weight of its recovered organic waste. This practice is very common among the supermarkets assessed so far.
- The company only publishes the total weight of its organic waste without any breakdown.
This information can be found in any of the following reports published on the companies' websites:
- Annual Report
- Corporate Social Responsibility Report
- Sustainability Report
- Environmental Report
- Carbon Footprint Report
- Statement of Non-Financial Information (NFI)