Corporate Social Responsibility Report
This metric is based on the Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) G4 Guidelines. It covers one of the requirements of Indicator G4-EN34 - 'Number of grievances about environmental impacts filed, addressed, and resolved through formal grievance mechanisms'
Disputes may occur over the environmental impacts of an organization’s activities and relationships with others (such as entities in the supply chain). Effective grievance mechanisms play an important role in remediating environmental impacts.
To calculate the total number of environmental impacts grievances filed - G4-EN34-a:
- Identify existing formal grievance mechanisms. Formal grievance mechanisms may be managed by the reporting organization or by an external party.
- Identify the total number of grievances about environmental impacts filed through formal grievance mechanisms during the reporting period.
Reporting on this Indicator should include the following contextual information as a comment to the metric value:
- If it will provide appropriate context on significant impacts, organizations are encouraged to break down the number of grievances by the nature and location of the grievance, and the party that filed the grievance. Parties that filed the grievance may include:
- Internal stakeholders (such as employees)
- External stakeholders (such as suppliers, local communities)
- Individuals or groups of people identified by:
- Membership of underrepresented social groups
- Other indicators of diversity
For WikiRate Researchers:
- Please see this page for guidelines on how to research values for GRI-based metrics.